A lace front wig gives the appearance of a natural hairline. Lace front wigs are convenient and easy to wear. The wigs are popular in the entertainment industry and give the appearance of a natural hairline. When attaching a lace wig, you have the option of selecting a bonding adhesive or bonding tape. No matter which method of bonding you choose, the key to wearing a lace wig is to attach it so that it looks like a natural head of hair.
1. Remove any hair along your hairline. Apply a small amount of alcohol to a clean cloth and use the cloth to remove any access dirt and oil along your hairline before applying the wig.
2. Clip a small amount of lace from around the hairline of the wig. Avoid cutting too much lace to make sure you have enough to attach the wig.
3. Pull your natural hair back to expose your hairline and style your hair the way you want to wear it under the wig. Braiding and wrapping are common styles to wear under a wig.
4. Conceal your natural hair by placing a wig cap over it. Pull the wig cap back from your forehead to expose your scalp just below your hairline.
5. Place the wig on your head to determine how much lace you need for a natural look.
6. Fold the front of the wig back and over the top of your head. Apply a small amount of adhesive along your hairline. Pull the lace up to the edge of your hairline to give the appearance of a natural hairline. Allow a minimum of 1/2-inch of lace to fall below your hairline and trim off any access lace.
7. Wrap a satin scarf around your hairline and allow the adhesive to dry completely before styling. Sitting under a warm dryer is also an option for drying the adhesive.
8. Apply a small amount of flesh-tone makeup along the perimeter of your forehead to conceal the lace front.