A lace front wig gives the appearance of a natural hairline. Lace front wigs are convenient and easy to wear. The wigs are popular in the entertainment industry and give the appearance of a natural hairline. When attaching a lace wig, you have the option of selecting a bonding adhesive or bonding tape. No matter which method of bonding you choose, the key to wearing a lace wig is to attach it so that it looks like a natural head of hair.
1. Remove any hair along your hairline. Apply a small amount of alcohol to a clean cloth and use the cloth to remove any access dirt and oil along your hairline before applying the wig.
2. Clip a small amount of lace from around the hairline of the wig. Avoid cutting too much lace to make sure you have enough to attach the wig.
3. Pull your natural hair back to expose your hairline and style your hair the way you want to wear it under the wig. Braiding and wrapping are common styles to wear under a wig.
4. Conceal your natural hair by placing a wig cap over it. Pull the wig cap back from your forehead to expose your scalp just below your hairline.
5. Place the wig on your head to determine how much lace you need for a natural look.
6. Fold the front of the wig back and over the top of your head. Apply a small amount of adhesive along your hairline. Pull the lace up to the edge of your hairline to give the appearance of a natural hairline. Allow a minimum of 1/2-inch of lace to fall below your hairline and trim off any access lace.
7. Wrap a satin scarf around your hairline and allow the adhesive to dry completely before styling. Sitting under a warm dryer is also an option for drying the adhesive.
8. Apply a small amount of flesh-tone makeup along the perimeter of your forehead to conceal the lace front.
For a lace front wig:
Clean the area where you want to tack down the lace (usually the temples) and proceed as in the previous steps.
Remember most lace front wigs do not need this extra step, correct placing and pinning should make the piece feel secure enough. Always use the spirit gum sparingly. Very Good Way to Attach Any Lace Front wigs:
- 1 Clean hair and or scalp and dry. ( Exfoliate scalp for best results), cut off excess lace on unit leaving about half inch on.
- 2 Applying scalp protector to the lace and will provide easier clean up.
- 3 Apply red liner tape to inside of lace wig on the tracking lines..you can apply only on the temple areas and back area as you see the fit of wig.
- 4 Using a make up sponge or small painting brush, apply 2 thin coats of glue to the tape, now applied to the tracks on the unit.
- 5 Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes until glue is tacky.
- 6 In the meantime, apply tape to your own head on the same positions as on the unit. Repeat step 5 on your head.
- 7 Place the unit on your head and press firmly, adjusting it for proper fit.
This method will protect the lace front wigs from fraying indefinitely. Using the popular 3/4″ Redor blue Liner Track Tape, cut the Red Liner Tape down the center creating many 3″ long strips 3/8″ wide. Place one cut of the Tape starting 1/2″ on to the polyurethane tape patch area where the lace front connects to it. Began laying the strip of the Red Liner tape (with the liner still attached) directly on the very front hairline of the lace edge. Press it firmly onto the lace. Continue placing strips all the way around the front pressing firmly as you go. As the tape strip will need to be cut a few times to make it conform to the arc of the front it will be necessary to overlap the Red Liner Tape slightly. Do this by peeling up the edge of the Red Liner next to the strip you are working with. Continue laying the strips until you have finished taping the entire front edge from side to side with the 3/8″ strips. Finish your final strip 1/2″ on to the Polyurethane area next to the lace front where it is attached on that side also. There must be no separations in this tape strip line.
You have now created a clear see through Red Liner tape Ribbon edge on the Lace front. This tape will stay on the edge for an extended period of time.
After the red plastic covering the adhesive is removed from the tape it is applied directly to the scalp. This tape should stick well for a few days even if the unit is removed from the customer’s head. After it stops sticking the liquid tape is used to attach the Front Red Liner Tape to the forehead. Simply brush on a light coating to the existing Red Liner Tape. The original Red Liner Tape can never be removed by the customer. That tape will stay for as long as you are comfortable with it – sometimes as long as 3 months. The customer may carefully clean the interior side of the Red Liner with adhesive cleaner-remover at any time.
Lace front wigs have long been popular among the likes of Janet Jackson, Tyra Banks and Beyonce. Lace front wigs are becoming increasingly popular for regular folks because they look natural and are very easy to wear. There are generally three options for buying lace front wigs–your stylist, online retailers and your local beauty supply store. Read on to learn how to find quality lace front wigs.
Before you buy your lace front wig, you will need to measure your head to get the wig with the best fit. All you will need is a tape measure and a steady hand. Pull your hair back or secure it under a stocking cap. Place one end of the tape measure at the front tip of one ear. Carefully extend the tape measure over the top of your head until you reach the tip of your other ear. Keep the tape measure flat; do not allow any slack. A good fit is key when choosing a quality front lace wig. Next, measure the circumference of your head. Start the tape measure at the mid point of your front hairline. Extend the tape measure around your entire head and record the number. Take measurements at least twice for best accuracy. It is also a good idea to take note of the shape of your face. The length and style of your front lace wig should be determined by the shape of your face. For example, square faces are often best complemented by mid-length wigs.
With measurements in hand you are ready to search for a beautiful front lace wig. The Internet is a good place to start. Visit several sites so that you can knowledgeably compare products and prices. Read the fine print. You will want to know if you are purchasing a human hair wig or a synthetic wig. Synthetic hair wigs offer a price advantage over human hair wigs. Still, human hair wigs are appealing because they can be styled with the same hot tools and products you would use on your own hair. Reading the fine print will also help you avoid surprise fees and understand shipping policies. Choose a retailer that offers a hassle-free, money back guarantee; provides responsive, reliable methods of contact for questions or problems; and includes front and back photos of the lace front wig you want to buy.
Keep in mind that your stylist may also be a good resource for front lace wigs. The advantage of working with your stylist to buy a lace front wig is expertise. Your stylist can help you choose the best wig style (long, short, curly, colored) as well as the best wig for your lifestyle. For example, if you want an everyday wig with a natural look that you can wear to work, a quality lace front wig is your best bet. The best lace front wigs are made with Remy hair. Because Remy hair wigs leave the cuticle intact your lace front wig will be less likely to tangle. Look for a stylist that has a solid reputation, listens to you and has a written grievance policy.
Know that your local beauty supply store is a good place to buy quality lace front wigs. The advantage of shopping for a lace front wig in the store is immediacy. In many cases, you can try and buy your wig the same day. Avoid wigs that seem patchy. Pull up wefts of hair all along the wig to be sure that the hair is full and well secured. For the most flexible styling options choose a monofilament wig. Monofilament wigs allow the wearer to part the hair anywhere and still sport a natural look. Choose a retailer that offers a wide selection and a no-hassle return policy, and one that understands and can answer questions about lace front wigs and wig care products.
There are various adhesives (glues) or tapes suitable of being used on human skin for securing your lace front wigs and full lace wigs or hair pieces on the market. The most popular brands are Mity tight, Ultra Hold, Safe Grip, Spirit Gum or various medical grade double sided tapes such as Supertape fo full lace wigs and full lace wigs or hair pieces. First, try on the full lace wigs and lace front wigs or hair pieces without applying any form of adhesive. You are determining where your natural hairline should begin with your lace material. Do not cut the lace material until you have determined how much lace material you want to be left. Remember the lace material will not be so obvious when adhesive is applied for the full lace wigs and lace front wigs. Clean the area where you want to tack down the lace material (usually the temples) of oils and debris from the skin. Always use the liquid adhesive sparingly of full lace wigs and lace front wigs where you feel appropriate, either the temples, near the centre forehead or a thin line across the forehead. Full detail instructions on lace front wigs and full lace wigs application will be included in all orders.
1. Put desired length of track tape of full lace wigs and lace front wigs or hair pieces from roll.
2. Move shielding from track tape and put glue on tape of full lace wigs and lace front wigs or hair pieces.
3. Apply tape to lace front wigs and full lace wigs or hair pieces along track system.
4. Apply desired front tape or adhesive to front area of full lace wigs and lace front wigs or hair piece for securing.
5. Apply and secure lace front wigs and full lace wigs or hair piece to front area.
6. Position lace front wigs and full lace wigs or hair piece forward over your face.
7. Apply Hard Bond Adhesive to track tape (Allow 3-minutes for set-up before applying full lace wigs and lace front wigs or hair pieces.)
8. Position lace front wigs and full lace wigs or hair piece over track area.
9. PRESS firmly where adhesive is applied to tape for hair bonding of full lace wigs and lace front wigs.
Allow several minutes for adhesive to securely bond to your hair. Help is normally required for doing this procedure.
Things required removing adhesive residue before attaching lace front wig.
- Adhesive Remover
- Face Cloths
- Damp Towel
- Blow Dryer
- Scalp Prep
- Just Rite Positioning Spray
Step 1: Remove Adhesive Residue
Wipe off all the visible traces of adhesive residues from your scalp and lace front wig with the help of cloth or wet towel. With the help of adhesive remover and paper towel, rub strongly till your scalp is residue free.
For improved results, spray some Just Rite Positioning Spray on your head and wipe with a towel. This allows soap to emulsify the oil-based adhesive remover.
Step 2: Wash your scalp
Thoroughly wash your head twice using an exfoliating scalp scrub and rinse carefully. Repeat this 4 to 5 times to make sure no residue is left behind.A small amount of adhesive residue can break down your bond. So to achieve better results, wash your hair and scalp with Cleansing Shampoo or Clarifying Shampoo. This balances the pH present in your skin.
Step 3: Dry your scalp
Dry your head after taking shower using a blow dryer or towel in order to remove any excessive moisture. Moreover, you must shave or remover any hair from the bonding area. For closer shave use an electric razor.
Step 4: Apply water-proof sealant
Lastly, it is highly recommended to apply waterproof sealant like our Scalp Protector on your head. This will protect your scalp and increase adhesion with the adhesive or tape. Once you have completed steps 1 to 4 given above, you are all set for attaching your hair system of lace front wig.